Fall is upon us and I am so excited! In Southern California, we don’t really experience a dramatic shift in weather like other areas of the country, but our wardrobes change nonetheless. I’m talking about boots, sweaters & jackets! Even my beauty routine changes with fall, incorporating vampy lips and lighter foundation.
If you only buy one thing this season, it has to be a midi length ribbed knit dress. There are many variations from long sleeves to turtlenecks and they come in a variety of colors. Read more to see why it works and how to style this must-have dress.
Why it Works
- Versatile – Can be worn day or night, to work or on a date
- Flattering – Make sure you purchase the right size, not too tight or too baggy. The fabric is thick enough to not show any lumps or bumps.
- On Trend – Picking a beige, camel or brown gives this dress a step up compared to one in a neutral white, grey or black.
- Silhouette – The simple silhouette of this dress is what makes it so versatile. Steer clear of open backs or plunging necklines. Keep it simple and classy.
Pair the dress with booties or pumps for a pulled together look. I would steer clear of longer boots or open toe sandals or heels. For accessories, throw on a hat or scarf and a nice gold watch.
Nail Color: OPI Red Cherry Chutney
This dress works for all different shapes and sizes.
Like Mindy Khaling said, “If you got it flaunt it, if you don’t got it, flaunt it. ‘Cause what are we even doing here if we’re not flaunting it?”
Links à la Mode, October 8
- A Handful of Stories: Early Autumn Favourites
- Anti.Muse: Event | Berlin Alternative Fashion Week
- Arisgold: Fall Must Have Dress 2015
- Bookish & Belle: Closet Confidential | B Sides
- Cat Eyes & Skinny Jeans: October Crush List!
- Cubicle Chic: For the Fall | Transition Outfit Featuring Dot Lace Pencil Skirt
- Epouser La Mode: Fall Must Haves
- Everyday Starlet: How to Transition a Summer Dress into Fall
- La Vintage Vida: Spending the Afternoon with Frank Sinatra
- Living Boldly: I Fell in Love With New York
- Kremb De La Kremb: The Fab 40’s in Fringe
- Modavracha: The Culottes Trend
- Mornings with Madge: 16 Kick Ass Fall Boots
- Ms. FABulous: The Blonds Retrospective with Rootstein Mannequins
- MySelf Expressed: Inspiration Board | Gray Scale
- Rain of Peonies: Viva L’Italia
- Style Standpoint: A Few Tips to Make Your Knitwear Last Longer
- Tales of Two: The New Neutral | Khaki
- What Erika Wears: The Best of Paris Fashion Week: Chloe
- With Love Lily Rose: 5 Shirtdress Must-haves to Transition You to Fall
SPONSOR: Amazon’s Shopbop ENGLISH FACTORY, T by Alexander Wang, KENZO, Paul & Joe Sister, Jem and the Holograms, The Fifth Label, Burgundy Tops, Stuart Weitzman 5050 Boots, Fringe Bags, Men’s Michael Kors